Our House’s therapeutic services allow us to provide each student with supportive counseling, speech and language therapy, behavioral support, transportation, and other related services, as approved by their Individual Educational Plan (IEP) team. Our staff members are career specialists in their individual fields and are trained in Crisis Prevention and Intervention techniques.
Our House Transportation will coordinate with your Service Coordinator to arrange for transportation services going to and from our facility. We will inform our Consumers and Family’s of the schedule for pick-up so that they can arrive at the learning center on-time for their classes and activities.
- Behavioral Support – A multidisciplinary team approach and professional behavior interventionists helps the staff in maintaining a protective and nurturing environment that is conducive to learning and supports the academic and social success of our students.
- Functional Living and 3:1 Paraprofessional Aides — These are paraprofessional aides that are assigned on a 3:1 basis to a specific student to focus and support that individual to receive educational benefit. Functional living aides also assist students who experience challenges with toileting, eating, or other daily functions of living.
- Speech And Language Instruction – Our speech and language instructors work individually with students who have demonstrated problems with their communication skills, such as articulation, vocabulary, word retrieval, receptive or expressive language, or auditory processing.
- Occupational Therapy – In-house occupational instructors provide occupational therapy services in Our House Learning Center’s sensory and occupational therapy room designed to assist students in integrating sensory stimuli.
- Physical Fitness – Our staff members are trained in physical fitness and the safe use of exercise equipment in our fun fitness area while providing coaching to students in nutrition, fitness, and health.
- Assessments – All our students can receive an annual neuro psychoeducational assessment to support their Individual Educational Plan and continued development in their school program. The tests being administered evaluate the student’s academic achievement, specific learning disabilities, attention problems, and speech and language ability; and identify neurological and psychological issues such as autistic disorders, depression, or anxiety.
- Educationally Related Mental Health Services (ERMHS) — When IEP teams determine ERMHS are needed, additional individual therapy, group therapy, parent counseling, consultation, behavioral assessments, and case management services are available.
- Intensive Individual Instruction — Intensive one-on-one remedial service that incorporates principles of special education and psychological counseling is provided according to need.
- Educational Therapy – Our professional educational staff works with students identified as having a learning disability by using a combination of educational and therapeutic approaches to remediate the academic, social, and emotional issues that impact learning.
- Transportation – Some school districts provide student transportation via school buses, parent transport, shuttles, or taxis. Other school districts contract with the Center to provide transportation of their students from home to school and from school to home or childcare within our transportation area via Center vehicles.